Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Memento (2000)

Featuring: Guy Pearce, Carrie-Ann Moss. Director: Christopher Nolan.

I've been avoiding watching this movie for some strange reason. I think it's because people tell me it's a movie I'd really like. I don't like it when people tell me what I'm supposed to like, like they have me all figured out. I resent that. Plus Christopher Nolan is the "it" director right now so it seemed a little mainstream to me. But, despite all that it's still a good movie and not really what I expected. The twists and turns weren't as obvious as I thought they'd be and it wasn't as convoluted as I thought it'd be.

My favorite part of the movie (initially anyway) was the importance of facts and fact-finding to the protagonist. He has no short term memory so he has to take notes, rely only on facts and put things together off of instinct repeatedly. I sort of want to write a research paper for pleasure now. I'm such a dork. Check out the movie though it's an interesting time. I'm off to do some deductive reasoning.

Click here to add this movie to your Netflix queue. 

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? Everyone has told me it was a good movie, plus the director did the last two batman movies.

Is it artsy? Not artsy, but it'll make you think things out.

Best thing about the movie? Fact-finding is fun.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Willing to pay attention.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 4 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...