Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bullitt (1968)

I've never seen any Steve McQueen movies before so I thought I'd give this one a try. He's supposed to be another one of those classic bad-ass American leads whose movies I've been reviewing lately. I have to say this was the most boring movie I've watched in a while. There were a couple interesting parts but they'd be over with after a few seconds and then this movie would go back to a lot of blah blah blah. There was cool car chase scene towards the end but that was really the only thing worth watching in this movie.

Like Dirty Harry, this is another cop that plays by his own rules kind of story it just isn't nearly as exciting. I'm sure there are better Steve McQueen movies out there that I'd enjoy but this isn't one of them. If you're looking for an old school cop movie you'll be better off with the likes of Dirty Harry.


Click here to add this movie to your queue.

This movie will stop streaming on 1/1/2011.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? Steve McQueen is supposed to be cool, unfortunately this movie is not.

Is it artsy? No.

Best thing about the movie? The car chase, gotta love real American muscle.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Either a car chase enthusiast or someone looking to be bored.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 2 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...