Sunday, October 24, 2010

Masters of Horror: Dance of the Dead (2005)

Featuring: Robert Englund. Director: Tobe Hooper.

I love zombies. Zombies make me melt like brain cells in an episode of Nip/Tuck. They are my guilty pleasure. How else could you explain something with a name like Dance of the Dead ending up in my queue? The premise is awful, the story is horrid, the acting is so-so yet I didn't turn it off. Why didn't I just give up and go to sleep? Well, because a zombie had an orgasm in this movie. That kept me wondering what else might happen. Not much else interesting happened but I made it through. Besides zombie orgasms the other redeeming factor of this film was Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund) playing a character that was semi-interesting for most of the movie and really good towards the end. Oh, that and Billy Corgan doing the soundtrack. This is B-movie horror at it's fair to middling best. If you're a zombie aficionado and enjoy the occasional awful movie you'll have a decent time watching this, if not, stay away.

Click here to add this movie to your Netflix queue. 

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? I love zombies.

Is it artsy? This movie is the complete opposite of whatever artsy is.

Best thing about the movie? Freddy Kruger being creepy.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Drunk and only sort of paying attention to what you're watching.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 2 stars.  


4 comments:

  1. What is it about men and zombies??? My husband has a deep love for them as well. Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women like vampires, we like zombies. It's a mars and venus kinda thing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you think Christopher lol, and thanks for the suggestion, i was looking for something in the horror genre to get me in the mood for Halloween and for some inexplicable reason i seemed to have missed this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not good horror, but its quirky horror which is important

    ReplyDelete

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...