Saturday, January 8, 2011

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010)

I love comic book movies, particularly animated ones. They make me nostalgic for the Saturday mornings of my childhood where I'd make sure I was up early to watch the Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons that I loved so much. They were so epic and awesome to me and I hold all other cartoons to the high standard they set for me. DC Comics has been making these pretty awesome feature length animated comic book movies lately and a guilty pleasure of mine is sitting down and watching them as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was a pretty awesome example of why I like these movies so much. It had humor, epic action and made me feel like a kid wishing I could shoot lasers out of my eyes. The animation in this one was really well done and you can tell that DC is getting better and better at making these movies and I hope it continues. The story for this one centers around Supergirl falling to earth and features Superman, Batman and everyone's favorite bondage queen Wonder Woman. It was great fun and I had a really good time. If you're anything like me and want to feel like a kid again, give this one a try.

Click here to add this movie to your queue.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? Comic book animation is one of my guilty pleasures.

Is it artsy? Nope, it's superhero awesomeness.

Best thing about the movie? The epic battles and great animation.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Saturday morning eating cheese and crackers.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 4 Stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...