Monday, November 22, 2010

No Review Today, Netflix News

I was exhausted last night and fell asleep on the couch last night when I was all set to watch Robert Redford's The Candidate. Going to give it another try now so expect a review tomorrow.

I did however see some news on Netflix in my Google Reader thingy. Apparently there is a going to be a rate increase coming soon for the in the mail Netflix movies (boooo) but they are also creating a stream only option (woo hoo). Personally I'm in favor of Netflix's strategy of focusing more on the streaming part of it's service. I only use the by-the-mail option for new releases and new releases take forever on Netflix anyway so if I really want to see something I end up at the movie store anyway. I'm not quite ready to go stream-only but if they continue to shorten their new release window I might be ready to give up by-the-mail option altogether. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I'm ready to do streaming-only. The selection is so limited, and some are only available for a limited time, which really bugs me. I actually prefer to watch the streaming, but half of the time it just isn't possible.

    Hopefully the fact that they're focusing more on the streaming business means that they'll widen the selection considerably in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...