Saturday, January 29, 2011

Priceless (2006)

As I mentioned yesterday I'm completely infatuated with Audrey Tautou. So infatuated in fact, that I watched not only a romantic comedy because she was in it, but a french romantic comedy at that. Wait, not only did I watch a french romantic comedy - I enjoyed a french romantic comedy. Oh the things I would do for those big brown eyes.

Putting aside my own silly crushes, Priceless is about  a gold digger who mistakes a hotel bartender for someone wealthy. Things happen, yada yada yada, I don't want to give any spoilers, and they fall in love. The movie had a number of cute parts and despite not being a fan of romantic comedies at all, there were some parts that really made me chuckle.

If you like romantic comedies, chances are you'll enjoy this one too. If you're a guy who avoids them at all costs (like I normally am), and your lady friend is going to make you watch a romantic comedy, you could do a lot worse than recommending this one. Be proactive, at least you get to watch Audrey Tautou be sexy all movie and even have a few laughs.

Click here to add this movie to your Netflix queue.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? My unhealthy obsession with Audrey Tautou.

Is it artsy? No, but it is French and has subtitles.

Best thing about the movie? Audrey Tautou looking incredibly sexy.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Looking to score points with the girlfriend or looking to punish the boyfriend by making him watch a romantic comedy.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 3 Stars. 


4 comments:

  1. That sounds good but--DAMN it!--it's almost the exact story of a screenplay I just started working on. :-/ Oh well. I didn't get very far anyway. Can't wait to watch this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Well watch the movie it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected it to so it might still be rather different than your screenplay. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's my spammy habit to miss the point of the post and recommend something similar BUT I also heart Audrey and the movie He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not is definitely worth a look. I hate chick flicks and this is not one.

    I'll probably watch this one just to look at French come out of her face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya: Carolyn actually recommended that one to me yesterday, it's already queued up and ready to go. The plot actually wasn't as predictable as you might think. Unless I'm just not well versed in chic flicks so I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...