Monday, May 2, 2011

Nature: Wolverine: Chasing the Phantom (2010)

This movie was a complete disappointment! Instead of being filled with non-stop action and cool mutant powers they just followed animals around. However, once I settled down and figured out it was a program about actual wolverines instead my favorite X-Men character I had an enjoyable enough time.

All kidding aside, this was a pretty cool little documentary about the lives of wolverines. Apparently they are rather understudied. I can't ever recall seeing them in a nature program, and I watch a lot of nature programs. They're a pretty interesting animal, if hard to track down. Plus the way they run looks really funny and that makes me smile.

If you enjoy nature programs from time to time you'll probably enjoy this one. It's also kind of funny to laugh at the researchers because they make studying the wolverine sound completely hopeless. If you feel like getting in touch with nature without leaving your couch, queue this baby up.

Click here to add this documentary to your Netflix queue.

According to Netflix this movie will stop streaming on 1/25/12. Of course, sometimes they lie.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? I like nature, even though I never leave the city.

Is it artsy? Nope.

What stood out the most to you? Listening to people who seem to have unhealthy obsessions with wolverines.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Outdoorsy but too lazy to go outside.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 3 Stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...