Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Toxic Avenger (1985)

This is one of those movies I've heard about for years. It's got a reputation as a great B-Movie and a cult classic but it still sat in my queue for a couple years. Well I finally got around to watching it and really couldn't believe what I was seeing. A number of times I just said to myself did they really just f****** do that? Holy s***! I know Troma Entertainment has a reputation for pushing the limits of good taste but damn. It's like they said hey what are the worst things we could put in a movie? Shooting a seeing-eye dog? Raping a blind girl? Running over a little kid? YES! YES! YES! Put them all in!

Once they got their ideas down I think they gave every actor an 8Ball of coke and told them to get to it. Seriously, I've never seen a movie where everyone looks so damned wired. This movie was insane and so long as you aren't looking for a movie with any class, good acting, or state-of-the-art special effects then I can say you should definitely watch this movie because it kept me entertained, even if I felt guilty for watching it. I'm going to go take a bath now.

Click here to add this film to your queue.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? Was supposed to be a b-movie classic, I concur.

Is it artsy? Easily the least artsy movie I've ever seen.

Best thing about the movie? Feeling like the people who made this movie will be going to hell.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? A disturbing mood or drunk with friends.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 3 Stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...