Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Story of 1 (2005)

Featuring: Terry Jones.

As some of you may know, I at times find some of the most boring sounding things incredibly interesting. Take for example, Between the Folds which is a documentary about origami that I really enjoyed. Sounds exciting right? I'm sure you can imagine how excited I am for Watching Paint Dry: The Series to start streaming on Netflix. From the moment I read the description of The Story of 1, I figured I'd be in for a nice boring good time. The Story of 1 is a documentary about the history of the number 1 and features Terry Jones of Monty Python fame. Naturally I thought this show would be right up my alley.

Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy it much. It was somewhat informative, but I think they tried a little too hard to make it funny and they just missed the mark. The crappy CG didn't help either. I would have rather watched a very dry history of the number 1 that was more informative than something like this that comes off as "cutesy". It's not awful, and if you're really curious about the number 1 then by all means, check it out. If, like me, you're just looking for something boring to watch and maybe teach you a little then there is better PBS programming out there than this for you to watch.


According to Netflix this movie will stop streaming on 1/1/13. Of course, sometimes they lie.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? I like watching things that sound boring.

Is it artsy? No.

What stood out the most to you? The weird CG 1's running around everywhere.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? In a high school class room when your teacher has a hangover and is too out of it to teach.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 2 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...